enter summerMay 24, 2009
[ image source | Untitled ]
Spring semester has ended and I have a couple of weeks off before summer term starts. I’ve been resting and catching up with myself, after the mad dash of finals and end-of-semester projects.
I learned so much this semester:
- That I can, in fact, handle a full-time load at school again
- All about mixing colors and how they interact with each other in a fabulous color theory class
- The beginnings of both ballet and piano, in spite of telling myself since childhood that I would never understand or ‘get’ dance or music
- Had a whole new world of Peace & Conflict Studies opened to me, and now I am setting intentions to double major at Berkeley in the future (Cognitive Science and Peace & Conflict Studies)
- All kinds of things about creative and expressive arts therapies and how they are used with different populations
I also began direct processing of traumatic memories using EMDR in therapy, and tapped into the desire to begin the process of becoming a personal trainer at BodyTribe, so that I can share the empowerment I’ve found there. I see such research potential for the kind of training we do there…there is something happening that is extremely relevant to trauma recovery, which I’d like to elucidate.
I am feeling more connected and powerful than ever. A great shift is occurring, and I am eager to share what I discover.
Currently, I’m nesting. I’ve been deep cleaning and finishing home projects that have been half-completed for far, far too long. I hope to post pictures this week!